Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Morsels: Himalayan Kitchen







Probably one of my favorite restaurants here in Hawaii, Himalayan Kitchen does not disappoint on any level.  You know that feeling you get when you find something amazing and never want to share for the fear that it won't be your amazing secret anymore?  That's how I felt about Himalayan Kitchen.  But eating is always better with friends so the secret is out! (Although on a night out this place can get pretty packed for such a small place.) 

Everything I have ever had here has been amazing.  And trust me when I say I've been here my fair share of times.  I am very much a ambiance eater and the decor and setting definitely adds to the over-all experience.  Himalayan Kitchen's decor and ambiance makes me wish I lived there.   You have the option of eating inside where the colors are rich and photos of the Himalayas are everywhere or you can eat outside either on iron tables surrounded by twinkling lights or on the balcony overlooking the community of Kaimuki.  I've eaten at all three places and I have to say, eating outside at night under the stars has to be one of the best eating experiences I've ever had.  I love to get dressed up and go to swanky places as much as the next person but I love being laid back and having an atmosphere perfect for good eats and good conversation.    


Mango Lassi
Yogurt drink

Himalayan Saag Dip
fresh spinach and cream cheese dip mixed with spices and served with bhatura bread

Blackened Ahi
tandoori carmelized ahi served on a sizzling platter with vegetables served with a lime, cilantro, chili dipping sauce

Chicken Tikka Madras
boneless tandoori chicken tikka cooked in spices and coconut milk

Jasmine Rice
(not shown) served with the chicken tikka madras and blackened ahi


Himalayan Kitchen hours:
5:30 - 10:00

BYOB

1137 11th Avenue #205
Honolulu, HI 96816
(808) 735-1122


All photos taken with Droid Razr by Kiyana






No comments:

Post a Comment