Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Coffee Talk

Having just bought my first espresso machine from work (the semi-automatic Saeco Via Venezia, which will have a little more said about after I've grown more comfortable with it), I've been perusing Youtube's coffee tutorials, and I've been loving the short and sweet videos done by New York barista Mike Jones for Howcast in a segment called Coffee Talk. Each video is short and sweet, meaning my over-caffeinated mind (I cannot express how many shots I've downed in my experimentation) can follow it without getting bored and fast-forwarding through to the more interesting bits. Each video is carefully framed, filmed, and edited, and Jones' carefully picked notes on expert coffee brewing are delivered in a confident, encouraging manner to aspiring caffeine addicts like myself. To anyone who's in a position like mine with their first espresso machine, or to someone considering one (or trying to chose between an auto, semi-auto, or manual type machine), or even to a person who just likes knowing where their coffee comes from, these videos come highly recommended.

Wish me luck with my new toy!

xAlyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment