Monday, December 17, 2012

Honolulu Greek Festival 2012



Baklava, chocolate baklava, (already eaten) kataifi, and more.  I always stock up on koulourakai which are amazing Greek cookies. 


Spanakopita plate which included greek salad, feta cheese and bread, olives, rice pilaf, dolmathes, and a piece of baklava.


Extra spanakopita and moussaka 



Gyro


Lemon sorbet after the food to cleanse the palate.


One of my favorite festivals to check out is the Honolulu Greek Festival held annually at McCoy Pavilion in Ala Moana Beach Park.  Something we both share a love for is Mediterranean culture and food.  I arrive way before the festival starts to make sure I'm one of the first in line for the Greek pastries because they usually sell out half way through the first day of the two-day festival.  I go both days of the festival, the first with my entire family and then the second with just my mama, my treat.  The atmosphere is just so inviting and relaxing.  Live music, good food, happy people.  How can you go wrong?  OPA! 

Photos taken by Kiyana using Droid Razr

No comments:

Post a Comment